The Welty Group can help your organization fill development staff positions including director of development and chief development officer, as well as specialty area roles including: capital and major giving, planned giving, annual giving, corporate giving, foundation giving, volunteer management, and event planning and management.
Our strengths lie in our considerable involvement in the philanthropic community and deep knowledge of the development sector in the San Diego region. We have the ability to identify strong candidates and thoroughly evaluate their development experience and how they would fit into your organization’s unique culture.
Most searches have taken an average of 90 days to complete, however, the actual time can vary depending upon differing factors for each search.
Generally, the activities we perform include:
- Discuss and review the job description, salary, candidate profile, and schedule with the position’s manager.
- Develop a written job description for approval.
- Publicize the position through our website, personal email distribution, selected online locations.
- Analyze our candidate database and contact targeted individuals to evaluate their interest or to seek recommendations.
- Review materials and screen candidates to determine potential matches.
- Conduct comprehensive interviews with promising candidates.
- Evaluate strongest candidates and develop written assessments. Assist in scheduling interviews between the candidates and the employer.
- Survey references.
- Assist in determining final candidate(s).
- Assist in preparing volunteer leadership involved in the interviewing process, as appropriate.
- Assist in negotiations and salary offer, as appropriate.
- Inform remaining candidates of the decision.
- Provide guidance for new employee orientation and onboarding.
- One and three month new hire check up consultation.